Participants are asked to adhere to the following guidelines when participating in an event with Walking Space:
1. I am responsible for my own health and safety.
Pay attention to your body’s needs and seek assistance, including medical attention when it is needed.
Ask for help at the first sign of distress.
Call 911 in case of any emergency.
2. I am responsible for my possessions.
All participants are provided with a space that is lockable. Participants are responsible for locking it and keeping track of their possessions.
3. I will follow all traffic, other safety laws, and rules established by campsites and trails.
4. I will be respectful of others.
In time spent with others, you must recognize others’ humanity and equality – abusive, violent, racist, homophobic, discriminatory, sexist language or behavior will result in your dismissal from the event.
5. I will not cause purposeful damage to walking trails; property belonging to other Event participants, campsite owners, Walking Space LLC, or others; or the campsites; or private property along the route.
6. I will use technology appropriately.
Do not photograph or take video of others without their permission.
7. I will not drink alcohol excessively.
Alcoholic beverages are allowed on Walking Space events. Walking Space does not provide alcohol, as it does not have an alcohol license. Excessive drinking can create unsafe and unfriendly environments. Walking Space will take any threat to others’ safety seriously and may result in local law enforcement becoming involved.
8. I will be aware of others’ needs and personal space.
Everyone will have their own comfort levels in their interactions with one another. Be mindful of this as you spend time with other participants.
9. I will not steal others’ possessions.
If you are seen taking or are in possession of someone else’s property without permission you will be dismissed from the Event.
10. I will not be in possession of a firearm.
The possession of firearms is not allowed on Walking Space events.